Where to today? Well the house at Osterley was open today so a change is as good as a rest!
The original house was built in 1570 for Sir Thomas Gresham. Two Hundred years later the house was falling into disrepair and was remodelled by Robert Adam for Sir Francis Child.
Osterley passed in the family of the Earl's of Jersey.
George Child Villiers, 9th Earl of Jersey opened Osterley to the public in 1939 after having received many requests to see its historic interior. The Earl justified his decision by saying that it was "sufficient answer that he did not live in it and that many others wished to see it"; some 12,000 people subsequently visited the house in its first month of opening.
During the second World War it was used for training Local Defence Volunteers.
The 9th Earl assisted the Ministry of Works and the V&A in the restoration of the house and in 1991 donated it to the National Trust.