Sunday 20 May 2018

Pisa

I've just come back from 5 nights in Florence, like many people I fly in and out of Pisa airport and I typically spend my last day in Pisa. I get the feeling most people who visit Tuscany do the same thing.

Pisa sort of gets a bad rap. Yes it is a bit rough a round the edges compared to some cities but it certainly has its moments, it isn't a city I'd choose to stay in (if you are looking for an alternative to Florence to visit choose Lucca) but it is well worth exploring. You can easily walk from the rail station to the Leaning Tower. I didn't have as much time as I'd wish (someone was too lazy to jump out of bed on the last day) so I didn't explore as much as I'd like

Whatever your thoughts on Pisa you can't deny that the Field of Miracles with it's tower, baptistery and Duomo is singularly beautiful.


 

Cafe culture....something I love about Italy


The river.... you may notice a religious building on the right


This is the Chiesa di Santa Maria della Spina. And annoyingly it was open and closed about 15 minutes before I got there....





Oh well an excuse to go back.... something I'm not likely to need :)


1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

ah.. Pisa, the Baptistery and Tower really lend themselves to B&W .. I like!!