Tuesday 18 September 2018

St Peter Port - Guernsey

Earlier in the month I visited the island of Guernsey. For those who don't Guernsey is part of the Channel Islands and a south governing Crown Dependency off of the coast of France. It is the last remaining part of the Dukedom of Normandy that the crown retains.

Its capital is the delightful town of St Peter Port. Much of its charm is that many of the big chains stores are absent and it retains a small town atmosphere.

I highly recommend a visit to it together with day trips to its sister islands Herm and Sark.



Guernsey was occupied in WWII, the Channel Islands were the only part of the British Isles that was, and the Liberation May 9th 1945 is a big celebration. This is the Liberation Monument.


The old Post Office


Morris Dancing in Candie Garden



This is the light house just beyond Castle Cornet. Cruise Ships behind it and behind them Herm


2 comments:

Dave said...

I enjoyed your photographs they brought back memories of processing and printing my own B & W prints and 35mm film. Just out of interest do you use B&W film or just convert your images to B&W. Thanks.

quacks said...

Thanks Dave

I just convert from digital mostly..... strangely these were with my phone! I had just landed.

I do own a film camera.... an Olympus Trip 35 I don't use it enough

https://lookingattheworldinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/2012/10/film.html

your comment and something someone has put on facebook has inspired me :)